- And that’s a wrap 2023! Christmas with IR Department
- This is what the ASX and investors expect for gender diversity on your board
- 5 key lessons any company can take away from our foundational ESG report
- What small caps can take away from Amazon’s move to write emissions data into its supplier standards
- How Australian small caps are likely to be impacted by the new ISSB sustainability disclosure standards
And that’s a wrap 2023! Christmas with IR Department
2023 has been another exciting year for the team. In this blog post, the IR Department team provides their reflections on one interesting fact or lesson they learnt this year, and one favourite book/podcast (or TV series) recommendation.
This is what the ASX and investors expect for gender diversity on your board
Gender diversity on boards is a key ESG performance indicator for listed companies of all sizes and across industries. Here’s what you need to know:
- Workforce diversity is considered a material disclosure according to the ESG reporting framework preferred by investors, with a particular focus on gender diversity at executive level
- Institutional investors are ramping up advocacy around board diversity; for ASX 300 companies with poor female representation, this could see the re-election of male directors vetoed
- Since 2010 the ASX has recommended listed companies set and disclose a diversity target annually, and investors are increasingly expecting this recommendation to be adopted.
If your institutional investors aren’t asking you about your board diversity targets just yet, chances are they soon will be.