- What will investors be looking out for this reporting period?
- The evolution of social media in crisis communications - Part Two: When the crisis hits
- The evolution of social media in crisis communications – Part One: Pre-crisis planning
- ASEAN Dengue Day: Island Pharmaceuticals Investor briefing video
- Are you ready for the 2022 Financial Year? What you need to know and trends to watch out for.
We're honoured to work with some companies that are doing some truly remarkable things. They’re creating products with the power to change lives, and even save lives in some cases. One such company is AdAlta (ASX: 1AD), which listed on the ASX in August 2016 and raised $10 million in an oversubscribed offer. The company is progressing its plans to develop AD-114, a new drug to treat fibrosis.
Fibrosis occurs in many organs of the body, but can be fatal when in the lungs. Through AD-114, AdAlta is exploring its ability to offer sufferers of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis a new treatment option, an important task given two of three patients derive no benefit from the currently available treatments.
In this episode of Swings & Roundabouts, host Will Canty speaks to Sam Cobb, the founding CEO and Director of the Australian biotech AdAlta Limited (ASX 1AD).
(Image source: AdAlta www.adalta.com.au)
Key topics covered include:
• The potential for AdAlta’s unique antibody platform to treat serious diseases and drug diseases which were previously considered "undruggable"
• The company’s current status and its next major milestone
• The importance of achieving ‘orphan drug status’ in the US, to demonstrate the efficacy of its product AD-114 compared to existing products on the market
• An overview of the experience on both the company’s board and its well-credentialed advisory board.
“We have the funding to take our lead candidate, AD114, to an important milestone which is into the clinic and a deal,” said Sam Cobb.“We have the team to get us to that important milestone and through to the clinic.
And we also have a unique platform – a next generation antibody platform - that has delivered our first product ad 114 but also has the potential to identify new drug candidates that can drug the undruggable targets.”
About Swings and Roundabouts
Launched in 2016, Swings and Roundabouts is an internet channel which features short interviews with analysts, brokers, fund managers, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and general raconteurs.
Tune in regularly via Boardroom.Media
For more information or to suggest an interview topic, please contact:
Jane Lowe, IR Department, via: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Will Canty, Boardroom.Media, via: email@example.com
Listeners should note that the info discussed is general in nature and does not constitute financial advice. It does not take into consideration any specific needs, situations or objectives. Before making any financial decisions you should make sure you are comfortable that the strategy suits your needs and objectives, and your risk profile. If necessary, you should seek professional advice.