Be our next Account Executive
About the job
IR Department is currently looking for passionate Account Executive – Corporate / Financial Communications to join our growing team. You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a PR agency or in-house within the investor relations or corporate communications team.
This position offers the opportunity to work within a small but dynamic team of highly experienced investor relations and public relations professionals, across a range of exciting micro and small cap companies.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude who has a passion for communications, and a willingness to learn and dive in wherever needed to get the job done.
About the role:
- Working across multiple clients in various sectors (including biotech & fintech) on a daily basis
- Designing presentations and pitch decks, therefore strong PowerPoint skills are highly desirable
- Managing our investor database -keeping it up to date and helping to pull reports on trading data patterns for clients (we can train you on how to do this)
- Creating and managing media databases
- Developing story angles and pitching to media in order to secure coverage
- Updating websites and developing social media posts for clients and for IRD
- Setting up client investor meetings and webinars
- Supporting our team with client board reporting
- Pulling together media reports for clients and doing daily media monitoring
- Keeping our internal daily project management schedule up to date and upward managing the team on deliverables
- Participate in PR, IR and marketing brainstorms
- Bringing your personality and presence to our team culture
- Supporting the Managing Director with day-to-day business operations in order to keep our clients and team happy!
- 2+ years’ experience, preferably in an agency environment working on corporate or financial communications
- A basic level understanding of what is required to communicate as an ASX listed company
- Media relations skills and the ability to craft a great story and build positive relationships with journalists across the business, finance and trade sectors
- Experience in managing client social channels, including insights and analytics (including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)
- Highly organised, reliable and self-sufficient
- Possess very strong writing, proof-reading and spoken communications skills
- You think smart and act fast, take initiative to be creative and bring proactive ideas to the table
- You’ll bring a great, can-do attitude, be easy to get along with and enjoy working as part of a fast paced team environment
- Related tertiary qualifications in communications, PR, business or finance
Our Company Culture:
We are a small team that does big work, and we value our people for that. IR Department encourages learning and growth, providing opportunities for interesting work and career advancement. It’s an agency like no other who really do look after their people and their clients.
- Integrity - Integrity is the defining quality of our work and our people. We are honest, open, ethical and fair, with our clients' best interests always at heart of what we do.
- Spirit - We have passion for what we do and apply our can-do attitude with energy and enthusiasm to inspiring our clients and our people.
- Support - Always striving to foster a culture in the workplace that is collaborative, supportive and respectful.
- Safety - Specialised experience and a strong focus on corporate governance to safeguard our clients in highly regulatory environments.
- Value Creation - Act as an extended part of our clients' teams, punching above our weight to deliver high quality service to achieve their business goals.