Seeking a media gun to join our team
Corporate Media Relations Manager
Do you love crafting messages and telling stories? Do you have strong working relationships with key media outlets and journalists across Australia, and a proven ability to generate positive and meaningful coverage for clients? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
IR Department is looking for passionate media relations gun to join our growing team and to work across a range of ASX-listed companies in the biotech, fintech and tech industries.
As the Corporate Media Relations Manager, you will have the opportunity to work within a small but dynamic team of highly experienced investor relations and public relations professionals, across a range of exciting micro and small cap companies.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude and a passion for delivering quality media coverage for clients. Experience in driving stories and messages across social media channels to drive engagement is also highly desirable.
- Developing and implementing media relations strategies for multiple clients that build awareness and enhance their reputation
- Proactively managing media related service providers – media monitoring and journalist database platforms to ensure optimal return on investment, service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Briefing and advising company spokespeople in media engagement capabilities with regards to key message development and delivery
- Working closely with the other members of the team to ensure the integration of media relations within the broader investor relations function, including consistent messages and alignment across channels
- Management of client social media channels and content strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, Business, or related field
- Experience in senior corporate communications and media relations roles
- An understanding of ASX communications guidelines and regulations for listed companies would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic approach to media relations that supports a Company’s reputation, clearly tells the investor story and builds the profiles of senior executives
- Strong business and commercial acumen and the ability to align media relations activity to support business priorities and create media interest
- Experience in managing client social channels, including insights and analytics (including LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)
- Very strong writing, proof-reading and spoken communications skills
- You think smart and act fast, take initiative to be creative and bring proactive ideas to the table
Our Company Culture:
We are a small team that does big work, and we value our people for that. IR Department encourages learning and growth, providing opportunities for interesting work and career advancement. It’s an agency like no other who really do look after their people and their clients.
Integrity - Integrity is the defining quality of our work and our people. We are honest, open, ethical and fair, with our clients' best interests always at heart of what we do.
Spirit - We have passion for what we do and apply our can-do attitude with energy and enthusiasm to inspiring our clients and our people.
Support - Always striving to foster a culture in the workplace that is collaborative, supportive and respectful.
Safety - Specialised experience and a strong focus on corporate governance to safeguard our clients in highly regulatory environments.
Value Creation - Act as an extended part of our clients' teams, punching above our weight to deliver high quality service to achieve their business goals.
To apply, reach out to our Managing Director, Jane Lowe.