- And that’s a wrap 2023! Christmas with IR Department
- This is what the ASX and investors expect for gender diversity on your board
- 5 key lessons any company can take away from our foundational ESG report
- What small caps can take away from Amazon’s move to write emissions data into its supplier standards
- How Australian small caps are likely to be impacted by the new ISSB sustainability disclosure standards
Melinda Sheppard is the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer with IR Department client, Pureprofile Limited (ASX: PPL). Together with CEO Martin Filz, Melinda has been instrumental in the turnaround of the Pureprofile business over the past few years.
We were grateful that she could spend some time with us as part of our International Women's Day series, to share some insights from her career and her perspective on this year’s theme, “Embracing Equity”.
Melinda was proud to share some strong statistics about the company’s gender profile, including approximately:
- 50% of the Pureprofile team is female
- 60% of the Executive team is female
- 50% of the Directors are female.
What Melinda feels is most important though is that the company is such a culturally diverse team that celebrate their differences across the globe. So much so, that Pureprofile measures and reports on its diversity each quarter.
Melinda offers some great advice as to what helps shape an inclusive, diverse company culture. Two examples include understanding your baseline for measurement and being honest when assessing whether all staff are treated equally and fairly.
Also ensuring that your business includes great role models in management positions, setting positive examples and encouraging inclusivity, which filters down to create a collegiate work environment.
CLICK HERE or on the video below to hear Melinda’s insights.