Seeking a media gun to join our team
Corporate Media Relations Manager
Do you love crafting messages and telling stories? Do you have strong working relationships with key media outlets and journalists across Australia, and a proven ability to generate positive and meaningful coverage for clients? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
IR Department is looking for passionate media relations gun to join our growing team and to work across a range of ASX-listed companies in the biotech, fintech and tech industries.
As the Corporate Media Relations Manager, you will have the opportunity to work within a small but dynamic team of highly experienced investor relations and public relations professionals, across a range of exciting micro and small cap companies.
We are looking for someone with a positive can-do attitude and a passion for delivering quality media coverage for clients.
- Developing and implementing media relations strategies across our client base to generate ongoing coverage to build awareness and enhance their reputation
- Monitoring coverage and preparing media coverage reports
- Researching and developing paid media strategies where relevant for clients
- Proactively managing media related service providers – media monitoring, news wires and journalist database platforms to ensure optimal return on investment, service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Briefing and advising company spokespeople in media engagement capabilities with regards to key message development and delivery
- Working closely with the other members of the team and reporting to the client account leaders to ensure media campaigns align with the broader IR and communications strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Media, Business, or related field
- Experience in corporate communications and media relations roles
- An understanding of ASX communications guidelines and regulations for listed companies would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic approach to media relations that supports a Company’s reputation, clearly tells the investor story and builds the profiles of senior executives
- Strong business and commercial acumen and the ability to align media relations activity to support business priorities and create media interest
- Very strong writing, proof-reading and spoken communications skills
- You think smart and act fast, but carefully, taking initiative to be creative and bring proactive ideas to the table
- You’re a team player, and happy to use your skills to jump in and support the team with other jobs when times get busy, or you’ve got input that would be valuable to the projects we’re working on
Our Company Culture:
We are a small team that does big work, and we value our people for that. IR Department encourages learning and growth, providing opportunities for interesting work and career advancement. We pride ourselves on our ability to work together (not against each other) and are a tight knit team as a result. It’s an agency like no other which really does look after our people and our clients.
- Integrity - Integrity is the defining quality of our work and our people. We are honest, open, ethical and fair, with our clients' best interests always at heart of what we do.
- Spirit - We have passion for what we do and apply our can-do attitude with energy and enthusiasm to inspiring our clients and our people.
- Support - Always striving to foster a culture in the workplace that is collaborative, supportive and respectful.
- Safety - Specialised experience and a strong focus on corporate governance to safeguard our clients in highly regulatory environments.
- Value Creation - Act as an extended part of our clients' teams, punching above our weight to deliver high quality service to achieve their business goals.
To apply, reach out to our Communications Director, Cherie Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org